DD-WRT on TP-Link TL-WR740N Router
Here is the link. You must download both factory-to-ddwrt.bin & tl-wr740nv4-webflash.bin.
1. Enter 192.168.1.1 from IE to login to the router. Select System Tools then click on Firmware Upgrade.
2. Choose factory-to-ddwrt.bin which you download to your computer previously.
3. Click Upgrade button to start firmware upgrading.
4. The router will restart automatically after completed upgrade.
Screen shot for upgrade firmware: http://www.divshare.com/download/18183284-fed
5. Login to router again. Now DD-WRT prompt you for changing user name & password.
6. Enter the new router user name & password then click on Change Password button.
7. Enter new user name & password to login to the router.
8. Click on Administration from DD-WRT menu then select Firmware Upgrade.
9. Choose tl-wr740nv4-webflash.bin & click on Upgrade button
The router will upgrade to DD-WRT dated 03-19-12-r18777 which is much more powerful than before.
Control Arduino with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Router
The Arduino is plug into the USB port of TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND allow the router to control the Arduino.
After upgrade router firmware to Openwrt, Login to it & change the password in order to enable SSH.
SSH to the Router
- Run PuTTy
- Enter 192.168.1.1 for Host Name (this is the default IP for Openwrt set in TL-WR1043ND)
- Change connection type to SSH
- Click on Open button
- Enter your router username (username is root if you didn't change it)
Enter your password