The Arduino Duemilanove (not Arduino Uno) is control by a computer over the network or internet via PHP. This article assumed that you already install WAMP web server & Arduino driver in your computer.
My Arduino Duemilanove is connecting to the USB port of my computer, the USB serial com port is detected as COM4.
I had do a research before I stick into one particular web server software, here you can get some web server information. After study some post from internet & tested myself. Finally EasyPHP is my choice.
I start using EasyPHP from version 5.3.9. Now it is EASYPHP 12.0 and there is three different PHP version including in EASYPHP 12.0:
I choose Android 2.3 because I own a Samsung GALAXY Y (S5360) hand phone which preloaded with Android 2.3. I always test the applications on my computer before I download to the hand phone.
Fun_plug is a collection of applications compiled and packaged by fonz. fun_plug is install on top of D-Link firmware. It is much more powerful than the D-Link original firmware. The following modules is install by default:
- Lighttpd – a lightweight HTTP server for hosting web pages on the NAS
- OpenSSH – Secure Shell (which you already used to login to the NAS)
- Mediatomb – a UPnP media server (alternative to the one provided by Conceptronic)
- NTP – Network Time Daemon (to synchronize the NAS’ clock with accurate time servers on the Internet)
- UNFS3 – user-space NFS server (a file server protocol which is often used by computers running Linux)
- NFS-Utils – NFS server (efficient file transfer and synchronization utility)
This guide is based on fun_plug 0.5 & D-Link DNS-320 ShareCenter and assumes an SATA hard disk is installing to the DNS-320 ShareCenter formatted as ext3.
- WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. I use this sofware to transfer files from my WinXP computer to the router.
- PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Windows and Unix platforms. I use this software to SSH to router & perform flashing command.
- Open up a browser and navigate to http://192.168.1.1 (you should use your own IP)
- Login in to DD-WRT.
- Goto Services tab and enable SSH
- Goto Administration/Management and enable SSH
Copy firmware file to Router
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file to any folder, now you have wr1043nv1_en_3_13_10_up(120210).bin in your computer
- Run WinSCP
- Transfer wr1043nv1_en_3_13_10_up(120210).bin to /tmp of router
- You may want to rename the firmware filename to shorter one, I renamed it to a.bin
- Run PuTTY (SSH to router)
- Enter command as blow
mtd -r write a.bin linux
The router will reboot upon flashing successfully
Here is the link. You must download both factory-to-ddwrt.bin & tl-wr740nv4-webflash.bin.
1. Enter 192.168.1.1 from IE to login to the router. Select System Tools then click on Firmware Upgrade.
2. Choose factory-to-ddwrt.bin which you download to your computer previously.
3. Click Upgrade button to start firmware upgrading.
4. The router will restart automatically after completed upgrade.
Screen shot for upgrade firmware: http://www.divshare.com/download/18183284-fed
5. Login to router again. Now DD-WRT prompt you for changing user name & password.
6. Enter the new router user name & password then click on Change Password button.
7. Enter new user name & password to login to the router.
8. Click on Administration from DD-WRT menu then select Firmware Upgrade.
9. Choose tl-wr740nv4-webflash.bin & click on Upgrade button
The router will upgrade to DD-WRT dated 03-19-12-r18777 which is much more powerful than before.
The Arduino is plug into the USB port of TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND allow the router to control the Arduino.
After upgrade router firmware to Openwrt, Login to it & change the password in order to enable SSH.
SSH to the Router
- Run PuTTy
- Enter 192.168.1.1 for Host Name (this is the default IP for Openwrt set in TL-WR1043ND)
- Change connection type to SSH
- Click on Open button
- Enter your router username (username is root if you didn't change it)
Enter your password
This is a tutorial to show image button on webpage, it use CSS.
See http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp for more information.
Below is an example to show two image buttons. <div class="img"> is the CSS, it is not define in this example, but it is working without any CSS style.
There is few ways to show image button on the webpage. Here I use <a.
|<a target="_parent" href="/newWebPage.php"><img src="/images/light_on.png" alt="Light" /></a>|
Above example shows an image with event. newWebPage.php will open if user click on the image.
- target="_parent" means open a new page when user click on the image. See http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_target.asp for more information
- href= is the action. It will open newWebPage.php when user click on the image.
- img src= show the image on the page. It support many formats such as png, jpg, gif, bmp & others. I often use png & gif (animation) format since both support transparent.
- alt= will show the text if the associated image is not exist.
Note: IE8 and Google Chrome show output differently. There is a rectangular frame around the image if loaded with IE8, while Google Chrome did not show any frame.
See http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_a.asp for more information on how to use <a
Below example shows four images aligned in horizontally:
<a target="_parent" href="/newWebPage.php"><img src="/images/light_on.png" alt="Light" /></a>