Sunday, 09 December 2012 13:56
Here we use a ATTiny85 (can be ATTiny45, ATTiny44) to make an Arduino just for US3.00, so we name it as Tiny Arduino.
Tiny Arduino have only eight pins as shown in figure above, Pin4 is ground (Gnd), Pin8 is 5V (Vcc), Pin1 is Reset, Pin2 and Pin3 originally used to connecting the Crystal. In order to utilize all the IO, the internal oscillator (RC Oscillator) is used to replace the external clock which require a crystal. Therefore the Tiny Arduino is now come with five IO. Below shows the Arduino IO functions.
- There are five IO, each IO can be Input or Output
- Among the five IO, two of the IO can perform as PWM
- Among the five IO, three of the IO can perform as Analog Input
I2C may require to extend the features of Tiny Arduino.
Saturday, 13 October 2012 22:51
This article shows you how to play audio from a USB audio device which is connecting to a TL-LINK TL-WR1043ND wireless router.
- Wireless router flashed with OpenWRT. This project based on TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND wireless router.
- USB audio adapter which supported by Linux. As shown in figure below is the USB sound audio that I'm using.
Wednesday, 03 October 2012 16:26
This is a 8 channel relay box that the input connect to a controller allow it to control large loads like home appliances.
I'm using this relay box for a snooker centre to control snooker table lamps. The lamps consists of 6 pieces 20W and 3 pieces 10W fluorescent lamps, total of power consumption is 150W per table. Picture below shows the snooker table lights for the snooker centre.
Tuesday, 25 September 2012 20:53
This project eliminate the use of an expensive Wifi/Network Shield but still able to control home appliances from any where. You may already own a wireless router which support OpenWRT or else you can get a very cheap wireless router such as WR703N for this project.
Saturday, 15 September 2012 15:00
A few ways to send message to serial port of router which flash with OpenWRT. PHP;ser2net; socat; Lua and etc.
- PHP require to install lighttpd,lighttpd-mod-cgi,lighttpd-mod-fastcgi,php5-cgi,php5-fastcgi,libsqlite3, installation is complicated & consume resources.
- ser2net/socat is very simple but did not support web service.
- Lua comes as a default in openWrt and support web service. The goodies is OpenWRT using Luci for web GUI and LuCI is an embedded rapid application development framework written in Lua.
- Arduino duemilanove connected to a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND router which flashed with OpenWRT.
- Using 16 Channel Relay Arduino Controller for the Arduino sketch