TP-Link TL-MR3020 restore from OpenWRT to Original Firmware
If you had flashing the TP-Link MR3020 firmware to OpenWRT and now you want to restore it to the original state, here is a guide on how to make it. With this guide you will able to changing between original firmware to different version OpenWRT firmware.
- Go to Windows command prompt
- Enter telnet 192.168.1.1 (this is the default IP address for OpenWRT, you should use your own IP address)
- Enter passwd to enable new password
- Enter your new password and Retype your password, you should see the following
[email protected]:/# passwd
Changing password for root
Password for root changed by root
- Extract the downloaded Zip file to your computer, you should have mr3020nv1_en_3_14_2_up(120817).bin in your computer
- Open WinSCP
- Copy TL-MR3020 Original Firmware file mr3020nv1_en_3_14_2_up(120817).bin from computer to the /tmp folder of TL-MR3020 router as shown in figure below
- Rename the TL-3020 Original Firmware file mr3020nv1_en_3_14_2_up(120817).bin to a.bin for easy entering in the later step
- Now the TL-MR3020 router /tmp folder have a filename called a.bin, you should flash this bin file to the TL-MR3020 router.
- Run PuTTY and login to router
- Enter cd /tmp
- Enter mtd -r write a.bin firmware to start flashing firmware
Saturday, 09 February 2019 09:26
posted by Barth
the same for me. I got the message write error erase… errorcode 1. Afer reboot the Leds are flashing, but nothing is booting ^^.
Tuesday, 09 October 2018 10:58
posted by Jacky
Don't ever use file from TP Link Home Page , instead use file from this website https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/factory.html
Thursday, 07 June 2018 00:40
posted by Urbain
Are you test it yourself
Thursday, 14 September 2017 07:49
posted by Cristian
Dont do this guys, unless you want your router become a rock.
Friday, 01 January 2016 12:25
posted by Hichem CHTARA
I downloaded the latest firmware, I copied it to the /tmp and typed the command, after I got an error message saying, ... failed ... block
and after, I am unable to connect to the wifi, ...
any ideas ?
flushing the firmware, with usb ?
in any case, I think the WI-FI router is dead :(
Just to learn from this situation :)