Fun_plug is a collection of applications compiled and packaged by fonz. fun_plug is install on top of D-Link firmware. It is much more powerful than the D-Link original firmware. The following modules is install by default:
- Lighttpd – a lightweight HTTP server for hosting web pages on the NAS
- OpenSSH – Secure Shell (which you already used to login to the NAS)
- Mediatomb – a UPnP media server (alternative to the one provided by Conceptronic)
- NTP – Network Time Daemon (to synchronize the NAS’ clock with accurate time servers on the Internet)
- UNFS3 – user-space NFS server (a file server protocol which is often used by computers running Linux)
- NFS-Utils – NFS server (efficient file transfer and synchronization utility)
This guide is based on fun_plug 0.5 & D-Link DNS-320 ShareCenter and assumes an SATA hard disk is installing to the DNS-320 ShareCenter formatted as ext3.
- WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. I use this sofware to transfer files from my WinXP computer to the router.
- PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Windows and Unix platforms. I use this software to SSH to router & perform flashing command.
- Open up a browser and navigate to http://192.168.1.1 (you should use your own IP)
- Login in to DD-WRT.
- Goto Services tab and enable SSH
- Goto Administration/Management and enable SSH
Copy firmware file to Router
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file to any folder, now you have wr1043nv1_en_3_13_10_up(120210).bin in your computer
- Run WinSCP
- Transfer wr1043nv1_en_3_13_10_up(120210).bin to /tmp of router
- You may want to rename the firmware filename to shorter one, I renamed it to a.bin
- Run PuTTY (SSH to router)
- Enter command as blow
mtd -r write a.bin linux
The router will reboot upon flashing successfully
This tutorial show you how to install PHP on the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router.
You can refer to my previous post http://ediy.com.my/index.php/blog/item/2-openwrt-on-tp-link-tl-wr1043nd-router to upgrade firmware to OpenWRT.
Here is the link. You must download both factory-to-ddwrt.bin & tl-wr740nv4-webflash.bin.
1. Enter 192.168.1.1 from IE to login to the router. Select System Tools then click on Firmware Upgrade.
2. Choose factory-to-ddwrt.bin which you download to your computer previously.
3. Click Upgrade button to start firmware upgrading.
4. The router will restart automatically after completed upgrade.
Screen shot for upgrade firmware: http://www.divshare.com/download/18183284-fed
5. Login to router again. Now DD-WRT prompt you for changing user name & password.
6. Enter the new router user name & password then click on Change Password button.
7. Enter new user name & password to login to the router.
8. Click on Administration from DD-WRT menu then select Firmware Upgrade.
9. Choose tl-wr740nv4-webflash.bin & click on Upgrade button
The router will upgrade to DD-WRT dated 03-19-12-r18777 which is much more powerful than before.
The Arduino is plug into the USB port of TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND allow the router to control the Arduino.
After upgrade router firmware to Openwrt, Login to it & change the password in order to enable SSH.
SSH to the Router
- Run PuTTy
- Enter 192.168.1.1 for Host Name (this is the default IP for Openwrt set in TL-WR1043ND)
- Change connection type to SSH
- Click on Open button
- Enter your router username (username is root if you didn't change it)
Enter your password