- WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. I use this sofware to transfer files from my WinXP computer to the router.
- PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Windows and Unix platforms. I use this software to SSH to router & perform flashing command.
- Open up a browser and navigate to http://192.168.1.1 (you should use your own IP)
- Login in to DD-WRT.
- Goto Services tab and enable SSH
- Goto Administration/Management and enable SSH
Copy firmware file to Router
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file to any folder, now you have wr1043nv1_en_3_13_10_up(120210).bin in your computer
- Run WinSCP
- Transfer wr1043nv1_en_3_13_10_up(120210).bin to /tmp of router
- You may want to rename the firmware filename to shorter one, I renamed it to a.bin
- Run PuTTY (SSH to router)
- Enter command as blow
mtd -r write a.bin linux
The router will reboot upon flashing successfully