Gambas is a BASIC interpreter which is very similar to Visual Basic but running on Linux. Gambas from version 3.2 can run on Raspberry Pi and Gambas3 for Raspberry Pi image file is available here.
- After download the image file (it is zipped), extract it to any location of computer. Now your computer should have an image file named as 2012-07-15-wheezy-gambas3.img
- Write this img file to SD card using Win32DiskImager as describe in this article
- Remove the SD card from computer once writing completed
- Insert the SD card to Raspberry Pi & power on it.
- Remote access to Raspberry using TightVNC as describe in this article
- You should see Gambas icon appear on the desktop screen.
- To start Gambas3, click the first icon at the left bottom screen then select Programming>Gambas3
People find that they are facing 100% CPU usage when using Gambas3, you can use the patch to overcome this problem.