TP-Link TL-MR3020 restore from OpenWRT to Original Firmware
If you had flashing the TP-Link MR3020 firmware to OpenWRT and now you want to restore it to the original state, here is a guide on how to make it. With this guide you will able to changing between original firmware to different version OpenWRT firmware.
- Go to Windows command prompt
- Enter telnet 192.168.1.1 (this is the default IP address for OpenWRT, you should use your own IP address)
- Enter passwd to enable new password
- Enter your new password and Retype your password, you should see the following
Changing password for root
Password for root changed by root
- Extract the downloaded Zip file to your computer, you should have mr3020nv1_en_3_14_2_up(120817).bin in your computer
- Open WinSCP
- Copy TL-MR3020 Original Firmware file mr3020nv1_en_3_14_2_up(120817).bin from computer to the /tmp folder of TL-MR3020 router as shown in figure below
- Rename the TL-3020 Original Firmware file mr3020nv1_en_3_14_2_up(120817).bin to a.bin for easy entering in the later step
- Now the TL-MR3020 router /tmp folder have a filename called a.bin, you should flash this bin file to the TL-MR3020 router.
- Run PuTTY and login to router
- Enter cd /tmp
- Enter mtd -r write a.bin firmware to start flashing firmware
Friday, 01 January 2016 12:25
posted by Hichem CHTARA
I downloaded the latest firmware, I copied it to the /tmp and typed the command, after I got an error message saying, ... failed ... block
and after, I am unable to connect to the wifi, ...
any ideas ?
flushing the firmware, with usb ?
in any case, I think the WI-FI router is dead :(
Just to learn from this situation :)