Flashing OpenWRT to TP-Link TL-MR3020 3G/4G Wireless N Router
- CPU Atheros AR9330
- RAM 32MB
- NAND 4MB
- Dimensions 74mm x 67mm x 22mm
- Power consumption 1.25W Max.
By the time I write this article, the OpenWRT firmware for TL-MR3020 is not stable yet, you can select either Beta2 version or the Latest Trunk Snapshot which is risky. The OpenWRT firmware is available at http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020
- Connect TP-Link TL-MR3020 to computer.
- Open a Browser
- Enter 192.168.0.254 which is the default IP address
- Enter admin for User Name and admin for Password
- Go to Status page & check for status, this is optional. Picture below shows the status of my TL-MR3020 router, the Hardware Version is V1
- Go to System Tools and select Firmware Upgrade
- Click Browse button and choose the OpenWRT firmware that you had downloaded previously as shown in figure below
- Click Upgrade button to start flashing OpenWRT
- Come back to the Browser
- Enter 192.168.1.1 (the IP had changing from 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.1.1)
- If you had flashing the Beta2 version of OpenWRT, you will see a login screen as shown in figure below
- Click on Login button to login to OpenWRT
- Make sure click on Go to password configuration to change the login password and enable SSH
- Make sure your router is able to online, see bottom part for my network configuration.
- SSH to router
- Enter the following command
- Restart router
- Open a browser
- Enter 192.168.1.1 (use your own router IP) and you should able to see the LUCI login screen
You must edit the following files in order to connect the router to the internet, I'm always using WinSCP to edit the files:
- TL-WR1043ND router set as AP mode with the IP address 192.168.1.1
- TL-WR1043ND router is encrypted with WPA
- TL-MR3020 wireless router set as Client mode with the IP address 192.168.0.1
- There is no network cable (CAT5) connect between TL-WR1043ND router and TL-MR3020 router, the connection is done by WIFI
I will not explain how the code is working, please use your own method to make your router online. You may want to follow this link to bridge your wireless and setup the internet connection.
Here is an example of network configuration:
config interface 'loopback'
config interface 'lan'
config interface 'wwan'
Friday, 22 January 2016 22:08
posted by adi
how to configure 3g router ?