ATTiny45/ATTiny85 Infra-Red PS2 Keybard (ATIR)
Original project is on http://www.circuitcellar.com/avr2006/winners/AT3296.htm published in AVR contest 06 by Steven Savage. But the link is not available any more.
The interface plugs into a PS2 keyboard port on the PC and accepts commands from the infrared remote. I'm using an ordinary DVD remote (38KHz) to control my computer.
The original schematic is not correct, I had make the correction for PC Data & PC Clock of SV1.
Both IR Detector GP1UX511QS & GP1UX301QS can be used in this circuit. I;m using GP1UX301QS for my first project, after that I'm using GP1UX511QS to replace the GP1UX301QS since I cannot get it from the market.
I have a lot of 100uF capacitors, so I use to replace the C1 47uF capacitor.
I preferred to use ATTiny85 for the micro controller. The ATTiny85 pin is compatible to ATTin45 but with higher capacity & cheaper price.
I'm using AVR Studio4 & AVRISPMKII to flash the precompiled hex file to the ATTiny45 micro controller.
The fuse settings from the AVR Studuio4 as shown in figure below, make sure do not enable CKDIV8.
- Connect PS2 keyboard to the device (Pin6 & Pin7 of ATTiny45)
- Connect the device (Pin2 & Pin3 of ATTiny45) to the PS2 port of computer.
- Open any text editor from the computer. I'm using Notepad.
- Hold right shitf key, press & relaease left shift key then release right shift key.
- Now the device is in service mode, you can use your 38Khz IR remote to program the device.
- Press a key from your IR remote, you will notice a message appear in the notepad.
- Press any key from the keyboard to accept macro.
- Repeat 6 to 7 until you have program all the key for your IR remote